Friday, October 16, 2009

EXTUBATED!!!

A small piece of good news happened today. Wyatt was extubated (had his breathing tube removed) this morning around 10am. He seemed to be doing well breathing on his own. This afternoon, we are supposed to get to hold him, for the first time in 6 days (but who's counting??)!

5 comments:

Steve Podoll said...

Thinking of you by the minute. Thanks for the great updates. I've been checking back frequently and was go happy to find the updates. We're praying for you and your little guys.

-Steve

Kristina said...

We are thinking of you guys and praying for Mom, Dad, Brody and Wyatt. Sounds like he made some good headway today. Tommy had a great time playing with Brody! Hugs, Tina Boetel

Sam & Rachel said...

Yeah!! So happy for the awesome update today. I am sure Wyatt loved being held almost as much as you loved getting to do it. Maybe I'll try to give B a call tomorrow...not that he'll have time to talk to Auntie Rachie.

Anonymous said...

What great news! When you're up for a visitor I'd love to swing by the hospital for a few minutes to see you guys and your little fighter...I'm literally just down the street. Let me know what you need, I'm happy to help, bring you dinner, etc. Cousin Becci

Unknown said...

So glad to hear that little Wyatt is doing better and better, day by day. He and all of you are in our prayers each day. We have been checking the blog often, and I am always excited for an update, especially one as great as this one! :) All our love to you guys, Liesl, Gabe, and Amani