Monday, April 12, 2010

Wyatt's Take-down Surgery

For those who don't know, Wyatt had his "take-down" surgery on Friday, to reconnect his intestines back together. It was about a 3-hour surgery, plus another hour in recovery. The surgeon said the surgery went very well. Wyatt is doing pretty well. He finally got his GI tube removed from his nose today (Monday). But, he is an angry little tiger, because he hasn't eaten or drank anything since 4am on Friday morning. I would be angry too!!! His IV failed today and they had serious troubles trying to get a new IV started in his chubby, little arms. Six hours and about 10 needle-pokes later, they finally got an IV started tonight. Hopefully tomorrow, he will get to eat a bottle.

Erik thinks I'm crazy for saying this, but it was a little sad the other day when I was putting away all of Wyatt's ostomy supplies. His ostomy has been such a big part of his life and a big part of our life, since he was born, and now it's gone. Maybe I'm just weird.

I forgot to take pictures of Wyatt in the hospital, so the pictures are from a couple days before he went into the hospital.

Determination!

Brody - the two-wheeled bicycle rider!

4 comments:

Sam & Rachel said...

I hope he gets to eat something today, so he doesn't have to be an angry tiger anymore :-) Poor babe.
Brody looks like such a big boy on his bike. Wow! Can you believe he's gonna be 4? That is crazy.

The Quams said...

We are so glad to hear that Wyatt is doing okay; hopefully now that his IV is in, he is doing much better.
And I am with Rach on how Brody looks like such a big kid - wow!!!

Mexico Eyeglass Team said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Your cousin Anne said...

No, I don't think it's weird at all. Changes even good ones can cause a sense of loss. But I am glad to hear that he has had the surgery and will be doing so much better!