Friday, February 26, 2010

Mr. Poopy Pants

I have no new photos of the boys to post, but wanted to give an update on Wyatt. Wyatt has been in Children's hospital since Tuesday morning with severe diarrhea and dehydration (sick since last Saturday). No vomiting, no fever; just diarrhea. They can't seem to get his diarrhea under control, although I did feel like things may be on the upswing this evening, after more than 80 hours on an IV. I felt like the hospital was doing a better job today of being vigilant about making sure to put back in, via IV, every ounce of fluid he lost. On the bright side, he has been in good spirits the entire time and makes friends with every nurse, doctor or technician who walks through the door, by offering them a huge smile from ear to ear!!

I'm not sure if this is Wyatt's way of getting revenge for sending him to daycare last week, or his way of trying to get Grandma Teresa to come back to Minnesota. Either way, he needs to find a new way to express himself.

2 comments:

Sarah Radke said...

Hey, If by Childrens', you mean Mpls Childrens', my Aunt Debbie works there. I know you would remember her and she remembers you. Deb works in Peds ICU, usually Mon-Wed, but I'll call her today and let her know you're there. Great care there - Sam spent many days there and he still tells us how much he loved it.:) We'll send up extra prayers for all of you. And when Deb gets to the hospital, I know she'll look you up. Sending lots of love. Stay strong and positive. Sarah

Quams said...

I am glad to hear that though Wyatt is sick, he is still smiling and making friends. I hope the poor little guy starts feeling better soon!
We are still looking forward to our visit next weekend, and we do hope that Wyatt is feeling much better by then.
We're keeping him in our thoughts and prayers!
Amanda